Sinewave Energy Solutions is a specialist HV/LV electrical contractor constructing and maintaining electrical distribution systems for both private sector clients and adoption by the DNO.
As Lead Estimator, you will need to be a dynamic and highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the tendering new business covering the whole of UK. Ours is an exciting and fast-growing market with many opportunities to secure. You will be at the front of the company and will have the dedication to contribute to the sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through securing contracts and forging strong repeat business relationships with clients.
The role consists of all aspects of estimating from effective handling of new enquiries entering the business, through customer liaison possibly involving site visits, survey and mid/post tender interviews, accurately pricing the products and services associated with the project and compilation and ownership of the quotation/tender documents for issue. At all times ensuring that Sinewave core values are maintained.
- Providing quotations and tenders for Electrical new connections, private networks and turnkey projects utilizing Sinewave’s in-house teams and supply chain.
- Key account management for new and existing customers (Top level review with the clients, managing the flow of enquiries and forecasting future business)
- Talking to manufacturers to develop partnerships for a turnkey solutions’.
- Following up quotations and bringing feedback to the tendering and sales team for unsuccessful quotations.
- Managing the customer database for the role of ‘business development’, Logging meetings, calls and key emails against market segments. Booking in of enquiries from business development. Running statistics report and building a full client contacts list.
- Attend site surveys, or tender interviews as necessary.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines.
- Close liaison with clients/potential clients regarding any enquiries received by the company and assigned.
- Establishing key aspects associated with the enquiry regarding site survey dates, survey requirements, return deadline and required submission method.
- To liaise with other departments regarding completion of all information as identified and required within the enquiry, this may involve liaison with commercial, legal, procurement, accounts, design, HSQE, project delivery teams and directors of the business as appropriate.
- In a timescale sympathetic to the project return date, accurately assess any employers’.requirement/tender documents/specification and generate and despatch enquiries for specialist sub-contract trades and plant/material items.
- Evaluate supplier and subcontract returns to ensure compliance with the tender specification/documentation.
- Accurately undertake any necessary take-offs of drawings and schedules and perform data entry into the estimating software selected by the business. Follow all company procedures for enquiry and tender handling.
- Provide prime cost reports for management/director input as to requirements and mark-up
- Generate commentary regarding exclusions and clarifications associated with the return offer
- Oversee the compilation of the tender return to ensure all elements are accounted for prior to submittal.
- Provide ongoing assistance to the projects team if requests for the generation of variation costs are received.
- Provide feedback to allow other departments to effectively monitor and control the supplier and subcontract supply chain to ensure best value is achieved.
- Liaise closely with the procurement department regarding cost and selection of equipment, materials and subcontract packages to achieve best value at tender stage.
- Comply with the requirements of Sinewave Energy Solutions Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies.
- Work in accordance with all Sinewave Energy Solution’s procedures and policies.
- Report all accidents, incidents, hazards and near misses.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Attend team meetings and tool box talks.
- You will be required to carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
- As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with yourself.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- Relevant experience within the electrical distribution sector both HV and LV.
- Experience of establishing strategic and operational partnerships.
- Significant experience of managing electrical new connections.
- Wide experience of handling complex business / commercial and in confidence sensitive information both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail i.e. the ability to produce high quality proposals and reports with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- A desire to mentor, train and manage new team members as the business grows.
- Ability to work flexibly in line with the needs of the business.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- Willingness to undertake reasonable business travel as required to meet project deadlines.
- Market knowledge.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Electrical engineering qualification/experience – Preferably HNC equivalent or above.
- Excellent computer literacy including ability to work on estimation, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and CAD software.
- Full driving licence holder.
- Knowledge of other estimating systems.
- Design and/or installation experience.
- Project Management Qualifications and experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Report writing experience.
- Process improvement skills.
- Experience in customer support.
- Experience of delivering successful tenders.
- Record of success in our industry.
- CSCS card holder.