Sinewave Energy Solutions is a fast-growing dynamic business at the cutting edge of the electrical contracting sector. Our core business is installing and connecting the electric vehicle charging infrastructure in the UK. We are also responsible for constructing and maintaining electrical distribution systems for both private sector clients and adoption by the DNO.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Commercial to join our team.
We are seeking candidates with drive and energy with experience
• 5+ years (or more) electrical industry experience
• Knowledge and understanding of electrical transmission & distribution systems
• Experience in creating budgets and management accounts
• Management of projects and of multi-disciplined, small teams
• Experience working on projects on 11 & 33 kV networks
• Knowledge of CDM regulations
• Management of customers
• Commercial awareness, specifically with budget control and debt recovery
Roles and Responsibilities
· Overall responsibly and preparation of the yearly Sales and Marketing Strategy and Plan
· Management of Sales, Marketing and Estimating Departments including overall responsibly for departmental KPI’s
· Job breakdown and costing structure
· Overall responsibly for Sales Pipeline
· Contract/Commercial Management
· Cost Management
· Preparation of Monthly Reports to Leadership Team
· Risk Management
· Contract Change Control
· Attending / leading Commercial / Contract meetings
· Comply with Quality Management Systems, processes and procedures
• Relevant experience within the electrical distribution sector both HV and LV.
• Experience of tendering for O&M contracts and private networks.
• Experience of establishing strategic and operational partnerships.
• Wide experience of handling complex business / commercial and in confidence sensitive information both internally and externally.
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
• Candidates will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Cost and Commercial Management.
• Good organisational skills
• Good understanding of collaboration and associated behaviours
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
• A desire to mentor, train and manage new team members as the business grows.
• Ability to work flexibly in line with the needs of the business.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
• Willingness to undertake reasonable business travel as required to meet project deadlines.
• Excellent computer literacy including ability to work on estimation, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and CAD software.
• Full driving licence holder.
• Knowledge of other estimating systems.
• Design and/or installation experience.
• Project Management Qualifications and experience.
• Experience of managing electrical new connections for DNO/IDNO adoption.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
• Report writing experience.
• Process improvement skills.
• Experience in customer support.
• Experience of delivering successful tenders.
• Record of success in our industry.
• CSCS card holder.
Job Type: Permanent – Full time