Sinewave Energy Solutions is a specialist HV/LV electrical contractor constructing and maintaining electrical distribution systems for both private sector clients and adoption by the DNO. We are looking for a qualified management accountant with leadership experience to head up the finance function in a fast growth business in a developing sector.
Job Description: Head of Finance
Reports to: Managing Director
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Head of Finance is responsible for the overall financial management, business analysis and reporting to stakeholders, ensuring ongoing viability and a secure financial future in line with the organisation’s strategy, mission and values.
You will be a qualified accountant with a keen commercial sense and a passionate commitment to your role. You will provide financial advice and information to the Managing Director and the senior team and develop and maintain financial strategy. You will have substantial experience / awareness of finance regulations and key strategic finance reporting.
You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management and annual accounts, business analysis and management report information – maintaining close links and a strong working relationship with the Head of Operations and senior team to ensure appropriate and timely provision of management information and close management of individual budgets.
This role will also be accountable for management of the annual audit process and risk assessment.
You will be a proactive team player who can demonstrate initiative with excellent organisational, team management and communication skills.
Finance and Accounts
· To provide an accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels.
· To ensure that the Managing Director is appraised of key financial issues that need to be discussed with the senior team to enable them to fully understand the financial position of the organisation.
o To review and ensure appropriate overall performance reporting to the Managing Director and senior team.
o To support the Managing Director and senior team to develop a medium-term financial plan.
· To be responsible for all statutory reporting, compliance, annual accounts and VAT.
· To work with the office team to develop finance policies and procedures and ensure that these are being consistently followed – including customer and supplier contracts, purchase orders, credit control, and ensuring timely invoicing by suppliers.
· To manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines.
· To ensure that budgets and management accounts accurately reflect the business activity, that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly, that variances from budget and other issues are investigated and resolved.
· To oversee the renewal and review of insurance policies, working with the company’s Insurance Broker and wider team to ensure they are fit for purpose.
· To be responsible and report on the overall business risk assessment and management process of the organisation, ensuring with the Managing Director, that the senior team adequately assess, and document risks faced by the organisation.
· To maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation with all staff, associates, and external stakeholders.
· To implement and assist in the development, review and maintenance of organisational policies and strategy.
Skills and Experience
· Qualified Management Accountant – CIMA or ‘big 4’ equivalent.
· Experience of working in a growing business that has successfully sought external investment or undertaken its own M&A activities.
· Proven administrative, leadership and management experience in the areas of strategic planning, analysis and organisational development.
· Previous experience of running a small finance function including payroll, PAYE, NIC, VAT, Payments, banking arrangements, accounts preparation and audit and other accounting transactions, adhering to proper controls and processes.
· Demonstrated experience of using SAGE, and ideally Xero and translating raw financial data into accessible management information and recommendations for action.
· Significant demonstrated experience of preparation of management and annual accounts, business analysis and management information and the development, maintenance and monitoring of management information systems and procedures.
· Demonstrated experience and understanding of P&L and Cash Flow Analysis and reporting and trend analysis and forecasting.
· Experience of liaison with external auditors and management of an annual audit process.
· Ability to work on own initiative, priorities’ work, handle pressure and take day-to-day decisions on the running of the organisation.
· Able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Strong networking and interpersonal skills. Able to exercise diplomacy and build partnerships and consensus, within teams and among other stakeholders. Commercially astute and able to effectively communicate complex financial data and information to managers with non-financial expertise.
· Able to bring a strong vision of development, continuous improvement and growth for In Control.
· A proactive team player and self-starter who can demonstrate initiative with excellent organisational, team management and communication skills.
· Able to motivate, maintain and develop an effective team.
· Good computer skills, particularly Excel.
· Able to report and present complex financial information in an accessible and people friendly way to board members and others who do not have expertise in strategic management and accounts.
· Commitment to and understanding of teamwork and collaborative working.
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
Applications for this vacancy closes on 24th July 2020. If your successful in securing an interview, you will be contacted the week commencing 27th July 2020.”
Salary 50k – 60kWe are no longer accepting applications for this ad.