Sinewave Energy Solutions is a specialist HV/LV electrical contractor constructing and maintaining electrical distribution systems for both private sector clients and adoption by the DNO.
The Site Manager will have responsibility for the sites they manage in its entirety. All works undertaken on site will be supervised by you. This includes works undertaken by colleagues of Sinewave and its supply chain but also Contractors working on site that have been put to work by our client or the ultimate client.
You are the custodian of safety on site and will be familiar with all activities that will be undertaken under your supervision. You will ensure that all works are delivered in accordance with the company HSE policy but in consideration of our client and the ultimate client’s best practice and policy. You will provide site inductions and deliver routine safety messages to all that attend the site. The HSE board and notices will be yours to control and you will have accountability for all persons on site whilst it is under your supervision.
You are responsible for delivery of the work in accordance with the agreed plan and you will assist in the programming step of work delivery.
You will be responsible for ensuring that work by multiple parties is delivered efficiently and in accordance with the plan.
Reporting is a key activity within your role. You will report progress, performance, progress, quality, compliance and safety matters as required for the site.
1. Comply with the requirements of Sinewave Energy Solutions Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and always represent Sinewave Energy Solutions in a professional manner
2. Work in accordance with all Sinewave Energy Solution’s procedures and policies in addition to those of their client(s) and maintaining all site notices relevant to the works (Principal Contractor)
3. Attend training courses as required
4. Record accurately details of work undertaken, attendance by third parties and employees (including hours on site), document all incidents, near misses and hazards and report them
5. Deliver team meetings, inductions, safety briefings and toolbox talk’s as well as assist in their creation
6. Deliver completed projects on time, routinely and define and embed project control and governance
7. Design and maintain accurate and current programs of work for the projects under your control and complete projects sustainably in consideration of competence, capability and safety
8. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and clients
9. Provide routine updates and reports at an operational and commercial level
10. Support the Operational and Compliance teams with project feedback, recommendations and lessons learned
11. Take decisions as and when required
12. Traffic management coordination both off and on-site in support of work or deliveries
13. Attend site daily when necessary and retain ultimate responsibility for all activities on site, including but not limited to: Contractors, Deliveries, Safety, Third Parties, Etc.
14. Conduct audits for behavioural safety, PPE, compliance and quality
15. Ensure cross-program dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained
16. Ensure efficient change control methods and processes are used
· You will be required to carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
· As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with yourself
· Previous Site Managerial experience, is a must, preference will be given to those that can demonstrate experience particularly within the electrical utility industry
· Project Management qualification (e.g. Prince 2)
· CSCS Supervisor Card
· STMTS Certified
· Knowledge of current CDM Regulations
· Competence in MS Project or equivalent Project Management software
· Ability to work with multiple teams at any one time
· Strong team and personal skills, ability to lead diverse skill groups and personalities
· Understanding of the Project life cycle, from ownership to completion
· HSE qualification, IOSH minimum, or demonstrable experience in HSE matters at site supervisory level
· Agility in challenging situations, with the ability to find appropriate cost-effective solutions
· Customer Management
· Ability to drive
· Organisation, planning, reporting and coordination skills
· Experience in the petroleum sector, preferably with a UK PIA qualification
· Strength of character, able to lead complex activities and always retain authority over the work site
· Electrical awareness
· Civils and construction experience
· Logistics knowledge, particularly lifting (LOLER) and pulling (PUWER) legislation
· First Aid
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary – £30,000 – £35,000