Sinewave Energy Solutions offer’s two forms of maintenance contract, each one offering either a ‘non-intrusive’ or ‘intrusive’ program for voltages from 400V to 132kV. Sinewave will program works to ensure your substation plant, switchgear and transformers are kept in optimum working condition along with keeping your site 100% compliant regarding safety. All work is carried out in accordance with the standards required by the electricity at work act (1989), ESQCR’s, HSG 230 and BS 6626:2010.
Sinewave offers two forms of contract;
- Control, Operate & Maintain Agreement (COMA): Contracts are geared toward facilities that don’t have a high voltage (HV) Authorised Person on site.
- Maintenance only: Sites having their own high voltage Authorised Person (AP) available on site at all times.
Our electrical fitters and Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) will carry out the required tasks to the agreed scope of works, utilizing the latest technology available for non-intrusive inspections and maintenance activities. Contact Sinewave Energy Solutions and engage with a partner able to support your business and operational requirements.
Non-intrusive inspections include:
- General building inspection; Inspect all earthing connections, labelling, substation cable pit, heating, ventilation and dehumidifiers
- Substation plant general condition assessment i.e. oil leaks, rust and where external weed clearance etc
- Partial discharge (PD) detection; Transient Earth Voltages (TEVs) and Ultrasonic Detection
- Thermography (Thermal Imaging)
- Visual inspection and interrogation of protective relays
- Ensure Labels present are legible and compliant on all high and low voltage equipment
- Take oil samples; Routine oil testing (Moisture, Breakdown Voltage, Acidity, Colour coding) and DGA (Dissolved Gas Analysis)
- Battery and Chargers Testing
- Comprehensive inspection reports
Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) includes:
- Oil Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
- SF6 (Sulphur Hexafluoride) Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
- Vacuum Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
- Transformers, both Fluid Filled and Dry Type
- High Voltage (Oil Filled) Voltage Regulator
- Overcurrent Relays, Earth Fault, G59 and other protection relay testing
- Sub-Station Earthing
- Low Voltage Circuit Breakers
- Power Factor Correction Units
- Voltage Optimiser Units
- Battery and Chargers Testing
- Comprehensive maintenance report
In addition to the inspection contract we provide:
- 24 / 7 /365 emergency call out service
- Take on the role of ‘Authorised Person’ (If Required)
- Technical Support
- Signage fitted to each substation door with 24-hour emergency contact details
- Comprehensive report detailing works completed
- NEDeRS® information on your substation plant (please see below)
Sinewave Energy Solutions subscribes to the ‘National Equipment Defect Reporting System’, (NEDeRS®). This allows us access to an international database of some 47,000 reports from service providers, industrial users and manufacturers of electrical equipment defects.
NEDeRS® is open to asset owners, network operators and maintenance and support organisations, but not directly to manufacturers. Subscribers gain unlimited access to the NEDeRS® web pages and are emailed information whenever a defect report is issued (see below). Members can carry out historic searches on plant and by specific manufacturers. The system contains photographs, diagrams, associated documentation and contact numbers for the majority of the plant items registered in the application. The scheme avoids delays from manufacturers in notifying users of potential problems, saving time and money as well as identifying and publishing safety issues as expediently as possible.
Sinewave Energy Solutions maintains an emergency response service 24/7/365 days a year attending to both low and high voltage faults nationwide. We aim to have a specialist team mobilized to the location of the fault within 4 hours, (geographic location dependant), of receiving a request to attend.
Our teams will always be made up of at least one Senior Authorized Person (SAP) who can carry out fault switching and will aim to restore supplies. Our team will be able to assess the severity of the fault and advise on the best course of action. (FAQ)
Using the latest portable fault location equipment and software we can quickly establish where a cable fault has occurred. Sinewave has all the trade disciplines employed in-house to locate faults, isolate the HV network, excavate, and carry out jointing works effecting a repair. We offer a complete turn key solution from engagement of our services to restoration of supplies and re-instatement, quickly and efficiently, taking the stress away from the client.
Finally, if it proves to be impossible to affect a swift repair, we can connect you to temporary generation supporting your power needs whilst the repairs are being carried out.
For more details or and to discuss a maintenance program designed to meet your needs please call 01672 541292 or email email@example.com.